Babycenter.com lays out these benefits for your child of a life full of music:
- Lullabies can help soothe a fussy child
- Music may help strengthen preemies
- It helps you bond with your child over a shared experience
- Gently clap your baby's hands together as your recite a nursery rhyme like "Jack Be Nimble".
- Sing as you rock your baby to sleep while gently patting their back in time to the music.
- Play kid's songs in the car - ok, you may get a little tired of the repetition, but your child won't. Sing along. It doesn't have to be "good" - be enthusiastic. Once your baby sees your enjoyment, he/she will enjoy the experience.
- Once your child can sit up, help them "beat" on a box in rhythm to a song or nursery rhyme.
- Sing a song to go along with normal every day activities. Remember these classics: The Wheels on the Bus, This Is The Way We Wash Our Hands and This Little Piggy.
If you are a woman facing an unwanted pregnancy and would like to talk to someone about adoption, please call Hope Cottage at 1.800.944.4464 or 214.404.4546.